Tuesday 3 October 2017

It was llovely in Llandudno

I know I'm late to post about the WOYWW Crop, but it hasn't stopped me musing and thinking and enjoying the fresh memories. The thing about the photos that several have already published is that it shows me things I missed. Some of them feature me rather too often as well, I'm very sorry.
It was lovely, no doubt about it. Margaret worked long and hard to ensure that we had good facilities and maximum food comfort. And she did it all in her smiling and warm way. Having been involved in Crops, workshops and large craft numbers for some years, I know how hard Margaret worked on her own, and believe me dear gal, nothing went unnoticed.
Actually, not true. No-one can have noticed the clock ticking around so fast. I didn't. Want to see what I did in a 6 hour craft day...
The image was pre-stamped, some years ago. Long story. Can you just see the light blue/green colour around the snowman outline? It took me all day to do that. On just this one.
There was a decent trade of gifts and ATCs too. I managed to distract attention from my lack of ATCs to trade by giving out a new WOYWW badge. Phew.
Look - Elizabeth made a little fabric tray and a matching ATC for me. Well, in truth she had made one for everyone.
And Annie was offering a choice of gifts for heaven's sake. This little paperweight had my name all over it.
And my ATC box is becoming a source of technique references! Look at these lovelies. From left, these are from Sarah, Christine (top), Neet, Dolores (top) Margaret and Anne.
There was craft chat. Techniques and products were talked about all around. There was life story chat. Family chat. Journey chat. Parking chat. Weather chat. Food chat. even football chat at one point! Thank you Margaret, for a day that reminded me totally that WOYWW is actually a tangible and useful thing. That friends are friends, online or in person. And that the miles make a difference, but don't count at all.

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great post..it was a heartwarming day! Llovely indeed 😊
Xxxx

Lynn Holland said...

I've just read Jan's post and can't stop smiling. What a fabulous day. Xxx

Kathyk said...

FAB, looks like a wonderful time was had by all, only sorry I had to miss it by being in Cornwall visiting a poorly pal, I'm pleased to report the poorly pal is doing very well though.

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk

misteejay said...

It sounds like you all had the most wonderful day.
I love your paperweight and what a lovely aray of ATCs.
Toni xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing the fun. Loving all your little pressies. It sounds like a great time by all. If I win the lottery, I'm attending !

Sue said...

Hi Julia, Glad you all had such a fab day. Lovely exchanges and ATCs. Sue

Anne said...

It was a brilliant day and I am so glad I could make it- my first WOYWW Crop and hopefully not my last!!! :-) x

Neet said...

It was so good to see you and all the other WOYWW'ers. Guess what Julia, you did more than I did.
Here's to the next one
Hugs, Neet xx

Robyn said...

How wonderful! thanks for sharing with all of us.

Sarah Brennan said...

It was a fabulous day and I look forward to making it to many more! xx Sarah